Monday 8 October 2018

WELCOME TO LOS PEDROCHES SCHOOL, MARIO!!

This year we welcome Mario, our language assistant. He came to school last Monday and let us meet him a bit more by asking the questions the students had prepared before. Here you are what we have learnt from him so far.

Last Monday we met Mario, our new English assistant. Mario is 30 years old and he was born in Salt Lake City in Utah (USA). He grew up on a farm so he loves animalsHe has a dog, his name is Bruno and he is a ShiztsuMario’s mother is from Panama and his father’s family is from Italy.  He doesn’t have a big family, only a brother and a sister. He arrived to Spain a few days ago with his girlfriend Leslie, but Mario had been in our country before, in places like Barcelona, Pamplona, Granada and Madrid. Mario loves the tortilla and the sports. His favourite soccer team is Real Salt Lake.
We hope to learn a lot with Mario during his time with us. 

Daniel Salamanca, 3º C

The role of our language assistant at school  is working alongside the teacher in the classroom focussing on oral skills and bringing his culture to our lessons.


IES Los Pedroches:

Thank you for the opportunity to help teach your students.  I am honored to be working alongside the great teaching staff at this school! I am happy and excited for all the great things to come this year. I have only been here two weeks and have felt a warm welcome to the school and the city of Pozoblanco.  Everyone has been very nice and has helped make my transition to Spain smooth. I hope being in the classroom helps students at Los Pedroches practice English to use in their academic and professional careers. I want the students to know that I am here for them any time they want to talk in English! I also hope to see and learn more about Spain, its people, culture and language, along with the goal of becoming fluent with Spanish by the end of the school year. My family and I also wish to explore other countries in Spain on our free time. I look forward to working with all the incredible people at IES Los Pedroches!

Thank you,

Mario Costello


 
 
HAPPY TO HAVE YOU HERE, MARIO!