Saturday 19 October 2019

New school year


Welcome to a new school year! We hope you had a very good summer break. After a month of school we are all ready for a wondeful term. We are sure you have already met new friends, reconnected with the old ones and  are learning interesting things with motivated teachers. This year we have new teachers in the school bilingual section. Here we show you a photo of the  bilingual team where you can see the new teachers and read a little about them.

Antonio, Rufino, José Manuel, Pablo, Fátima, Luisa and  Katie

Hello there, this is Rufino Herrera, Industrial Design Engineer and I’ll be your Technology Teacher.
In this subject we’ll learn about the process of designing and developing a product, technical drawing, technical materials -like wood, plastics, metals - and construction materials- like cement, ceramics, glass-, and, electricity and electronics, computers and information technologies, the Internet, programming, robotics...; and we will use many tools to create and construct some real projects, like toy cars, bridges, elevators, and even how to create basic videogames!
I hope you’ll enjoy with me and Katie in this subject, and you learn how to solve real life problems using science and technology!

Thank you very much! 

 

Hi guys, my name is Pablo and I’m your new BioGeo teacher. I was working in this school five years ago and it was one of my best course working in education. I have huge expectations in 2019/20 course.I strongly recommend you to be open-minded learning contents in a second language cause it will be extremely useful, mainly for those of you specially interested in science.
This year you have an amazing group of teachers so take advantage of it and ENJOY learning science: the best tool to discover your world.

Hi everybody!

My name is Fátima, I’m the physical education teacher. I am looking foward to showing you how important my subject is. From my point of view the most important aspect is enjoying the activities and sports, I think that if we enjoy the practice we will get hooked eventually.

Let’s make yourself an active person. Work out and enjoy

 

WE ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE KATIE, OUR LANGUAGE ASSISTANT THIS YEAR

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to be here with you in Spain! I've dreamed about coming to Spain for many years and I can honestly say that the first few weeks here have far exceeded my expectations. I was overwhelmed by the kindness of all Spanish people I've met; especially the teachers at IES Los Pedroches. Because of their warm welcome I have been able to make a smooth transition into life in Spain. All the students are wonderful, and I know that we are going to have a great year learning English together!.